Effective and Last Updated on: 10/01/2021
magicJack Wireless Care Team at privacyrights@magicJackwireless.com
2. COLLECTION, USE and disclosure OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that identifies or is associated with a specific individual, such as a name, address, email address, or telephone number.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect the following types of personal information about our customers:
- Contact Information, such as your name, billing address(es), phone number, port-in phone number, and email address.
- Payment Information, such as your credit card.
- Technical Information, including you internet protocol (“IP”) address, cookies, web beacons, clear gifs, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Web site.
- Usage Information, such as information about how you use our Websites (for example time of day, duration of visit, pages visited, actions taken on pages, or other automatically collected meta-data).
- Location Data, all wireless communication systems know when your phone is turned on and approximately where the device is physically located.
- Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”) generated by the use of our communications services. See the CPNI section of this policy for more information.
How Do You Collect Information?
- Directly from you, such as when you set up an account. We may also collect some information.
- Automatically, such as when you visit our Web site or navigate between pages on our Web site.
- From Third Parties. For example, when you purchase a magicJack Wireless product from a retailer, they may share certain information about you and your purchase with us. In addition, we use third-party service providers to serve ads and/or collect data on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this Web site. Some of these service providers may collect information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services to tailor marketing messages on this Web site and other sites or to trigger real time interaction, customize this Web site or enhance your profile. If you would like more information about these practices, please click: http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of the Web site or purchasing magicJack Wireless products or services, you must complete an online registration form or provide certain information to magicJack Wireless’s representatives. During registration (whether via the Web site or otherwise), you will be prompted to provide us with your contact information and payment information. This personal information is used for billing purposes, fulfilling your orders, and communicating with you about your order and the Web site, and for marketing purposes. If magicJack Wireless encounters a problem when processing your order, it will use your personal information to contact you.
- Responding to Your Questions and Requests. Certain locations of the Web site may permit you to enter your email address and other contact information to receive further information about magicJack Wireless or for other purposes. We will use your information to respond to your questions and send you marketing information about magicJack Wireless’ (including Affiliates’) products and services.
- Improve our Web site and Improve your Experience. We will use technical and usage information that is collected automatically when you use our Web site to provide you with access to our Web site, improve our Web site, perform analytics and personalize your experience when you use our Web site.
- Improve our Products and Services.
- Provide Personalized Marketing to You. We may reach out to you to provide you with special offers or otherwise tell you about our products and services.
- Manage and Develop our Business Operations. This includes administering your account and collecting and processing payments.
- Route Wireless Communications and Provide 911 Service. We use your location information to allow emergency services to locate your general location. We may disclose, without your consent, the approximate location of a wireless device to a governmental entity or law enforcement authority when we are served with lawful process or reasonably believe there is an emergency involving risk of death or serious physical harm. Depending on your device, you may also be able to obtain a wide array of services based on the location of your device (for example, driving directions, enhanced 411 Directory Assistance or search results, etc.). These data services, known as Location-Based Services (“LBS”) are made available by us and other entities, usually via applications. These services use various location technologies and acquire location data from various sources. These applications and services use various location technologies (including Global Positioning Satellite (“GPS”), Assisted GPS (“AGPS”), cell ID and enhanced cell ID technologies) to identify the approximate location of a device, which is then used in conjunction with the application to enhance the user’s experience (for example, to provide driving directions, to provide enhanced 411 Directory Assistance or search results, etc.).LBS may, or may not, involve any interaction with or dependency on our supplier’s network, and location-based services may or may not look to our network to obtain location data. Where our network supplier allows third parties the capability of accessing data about your location that is derived from our supplier’s network, our network supplier requires those third parties to observe specific privacy and security protections consistent with this policy. It is important that you understand the location capabilities and settings of your device, and that you carefully read and understand the terms under which these services are provided – whether by us or another entity. You should carefully review the privacy policies and other terms of third parties with whom you have authorized the sharing of your location information, and you should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information to other people. Where we provide a location-based service, you will receive notice of the location features of the service and collection of location data is with your consent. You will be provided options for managing when and how such information should be share.
- Protect our Rights and Property.
- Comply with a Court Order, Law or Legal Process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- Any other Purpose, with your Consent.
How Do We Share Your Information?
magicJack Wireless does not sell your personal information.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our vendors and service providers that support us in providing our Web site and service
- Third-parties for the purpose of identity verification.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Law enforcement or regulatory agencies, if required to do so by law (for example, a subpoena or court order) or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- Other entities in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition or other reorganization of our business.
- Others, to protect our legal rights, or to protect ourselves or others (for example, in order to reduce the risk of fraud or illegal activities)
Under federal law, you have a right, and magicJack Wireless has a duty, to protect the confidentiality of information regarding your telephone use, the services you purchase from us, the calls you place and the location of your device on our network when you make a telephone call. This information is referred to as, among other things, “Customer Proprietary Network Information.” We may share Customer Proprietary Network Information with Affiliates; provided, however, that we will first notify you of your rights under applicable law, describe how we intend to use the Customer Proprietary Network Information, and give you an opportunity to opt out of such use (or opt in, to the extent required by applicable law).
We take precautions and have implemented certain technical measures intended to protect against unauthorized access to, disclosure of, and unlawful interception of personal information submitted via the Web site, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Web site. However, your communications containing personal information may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties and/or the Web site may be subject to network attacks or malfunctions. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Once we receive your personal information, we take steps that we believe are reasonable to limit access to your personal information to only those employees and service providers whom we determine need access to the personal information to provide the requested products, services, offers or opportunities that may be of interest to you or that you have ordered, or that we otherwise disclose as explained above. However, even after we receive your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of our security efforts or as a result of any other event beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your personal information or any other information is completely secure and safe from any risk.
6. OPT OUT AND CORRECTIONS
Upon your request, magicJack Wireless will: (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; (c) stop sending text messages to your mobile phone number; (d) stop sending mail (including promotional materials) to your mailing address; and/or (d) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You may make these updates / changes yourself by managing your account preferences on the Web site or by any other reasonable account update mechanism available to you. You also have the ability, at any time, to click through an “Unsubscribe” link, contained in all marketing e-mails, in order to stop receiving such e-mails. You may also send your requests to: magicJack Wireless Care Team at privacyrights@magicJackwireless.com. Please do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information. Please note that magicJack Wireless may have to communicate with you about product or service orders that you choose to place. Accordingly, you cannot opt out of receiving product or service-related emails or mailings.
California residents have additional rights to their personal information as described below.
9. Children’s Information
The Web site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and magicJack Wireless does not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information on this Site from anyone under the age of 13. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities (including wireless Internet browsing) of their children. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete the information.
10. Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure
This Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing “Do Not Track” signals, magicJack Wireless would be open to following such industry standards.
11. ADVERTISEMENTS AND LINKS
12. CONTACT US
For privacy related questions, comments, and requests, please contact magicJack Wireless at privacyrights@magicJackwireless.com
California Privacy Notice
Notice at Collection
Personal data that we collect about you
We collect and process different categories of personal data about you as described below:
- Identifiers such as first name, last name and state issued identification numbers including driver’s license number and Social Security number;
- Customer Records Information including personal data defined by the California customer records law, such as your contact information including email address, phone number, address, city, zip code and/ or country;
- Characteristics of Protected Classes such as your gender;
- Biometrics such as a recording of your voice or a photograph of you;
- Purchase Information including the products and services that you purchase from us;
- Internet and other electronic network activity such as your IP address, device information, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technologies you use to access our website. We also collect information about how you use our website, such as the pages you visit;
- Inferences including your preferences and characteristics, which we may use for marketing purposes.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data in compliance with applicable laws. We typically use your personal data for the following business purposes:
- Registration and Ordering.
- Responding to Your Questions and Requests.
- Improving our Web site and Improve your Experience.
- Improving our Products and Services.
- Providing Personalized Marketing to You.
- Managing and Developing our Business Operations.
- Routing Wireless Communications and Provide 911 Service.
- Protecting our Rights and Property.
- Complying with a Court Order, Law or Legal Process.
- Any other Purpose, with your consent.
Your California Rights
California residents have the following consumer rights to their personal information. These rights apply to personal information that we have collected from or about you in the previous 12 months.
Access Right: You may request that we provide the following information:
· The categories of personal data we have collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected the personal data;
- The business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal data;
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your personal data; and
- The specific pieces of personal data that we have collected about you.
You may exercise this right twice during a 12 month period.
Deletion Right: You may request that we delete the personal data that we have collected about you.
Right to Opt-Out. We do not sell your personal data. If we did, you would have the right to opt-out of that sale.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against when you exercise your CCPA rights. We will not treat you differently because you exercise your CCPA rights.
Exercising your Consumer Rights
You may exercise your access or deletion rights by submitting a verifiable consumer request in the following ways:
- Calling us at 1-800-292-7099
- Email us at email@example.com
In order to protect you, we will not disclose information in response to a request for access or complete a deletion request unless we can verify your identity or verify that that you are an authorized representative of the person making the request.
We will not respond to requests to know/requests for access or requests for deletion unless we can verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. To verify your identity, we will use information about you that we already have when feasible; however, we may need to request additional information, which we will use only for the purposes of verification. We may also use a third-party identity verification service. The information we need to verify your request will depend on the nature and scope of your request. Upon receipt of your request, we will notify you if we need additional information from you to verify your request.
Shine the Light
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please contact us directly to make this request..